There is life after childlessness, despite what the media, your friends, your family, and your inner critic would have you believe!
A meaningful and fulfilling life that makes sense to you because it came from the essence of who you are.
THE REIGNITE WEEKEND WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF YOU’RE:
A woman who wanted to have children but it didn’t work out for any reason: infertility; didn’t meet a willing or suitable partner; your partner didn’t want (more) children; a chronic illness; a badly timed breakup, etc.
You are childless today for multiple reasons and you are:
- Struggling with relationships with friends and family as ‘the odd one out’ and really missing having a supportive group of women friends to journey through life with.
- Wondering where your mojo went and where the hell to start looking for it!
- Lonely and confused about your place in society when all you can see around you are mothers, grandmothers and families.
- Knowing that you need to make some changes to your life but feeling too tired, sad & uninspired to know what to try next.
- Worried about growing old without children and grandchildren.
- Furious that you ‘Did all the right things’ and have still ‘ended up’ in this difficult position.
- Ready for a Plan B (C, D or Z!) but are either convinced that you’ll screw it up, or scared that you’ll never find a meaningful alternative to a life centred on motherhood.
This weekend is for you!
- Meet your new community – the wonderful, powerful, wise and funny Nomos (not-mothers)
- Unpick the assumptions that the culture has about motherhood (and non-motherhood) and let go of what doesn’t ‘fit’ you;
- Look at where you are holding onto unhelpful ideas and shame about the life choices you’ve made (and the non-choices too) which have led you to ‘ending up’ without the family you hoped for;
- Explore and understand unresolved grief about your childlessness – grief which our culture neither acknowledges, understands nor allows (and consequently, neither do we, sometimes);
- Re-examine the dreams and goals you had for your life before you became convinced that having a baby was the only thing that mattered;
- Reignite your passion for your life and start thinking what your ‘Plan B’ might be for a meaningful and fulfilling life without children;
There are more of us than you may realize and we’re actually a bunch of pretty interesting, real and courageous women. At Reignite, you’ll find a safe place for connection and belonging.
The Reignite Weekend is designed for: women of any age or sexuality, partnered or single, who wanted to have children and for some reason, it didn’t work out. If you’re keen to move forward and create a meaningful and fulfilling life without children, it’s for you. Childless stepmothers and those who have experienced adoption breakdown are very welcome.
- you are childfree by choice
- trying to conceive.
- still actively trying to pursue parenthood, or hopeful of creating a biological or adoptive family in the future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Saturday 2nd and 3rd December